Thursday, June 14, 2012

A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand.


I'm never sure why we look forward to the Summer so much in Ireland, there was a ferocious storm all day, so me and the cats decided to stay inside, there's never a shortage of things to do around the flat.

I sorted my button collection by tone.. It's like making a puzzle only easy and way more fun and satisfying. Yes, I am a super-dork, I already know that, but look how pretty they look now!


I took pictures of my flowers...


I arranged my new glasses on the kitchen window where the light could catch them.. Just because things are useful doesn't mean they can't be pretty too. I also have the best kettle in the world which happens to be cerise pink.



Poppy was bored from being stuck inside and insisted on spending the day making silly faces at me..


My awesome friend Lesley came over for lunch and brought the most amazing presents, including an unbelievably cool sewing book that has the patterns for some of the most iconic dress's from the last fifty years. That girl knows me too well. And as if that all wasn't cool enough, she even picked a tea towel that matches my new crockery before she'd ever seen it! What amazing girl intuition! Lesley, if you're reading this, thank you so much (there really was no need, but obviously I'm smitten you did  :), I'm really glad my dress served you so well at the wedding and I love you loads xx


A lovely little folk-art brooch for my collection







I also wore my new shoes for the first time, you just can't have too many really shiny shoes...



Then I made a little brooch out of scraps of cotton, linen and lace...


I also finished making my polka-dot dress a little while ago (at around 2.00am, way too late for an outfit post!), it actually went pretty much glitch-free, apart from a bit of hassle with the armhole facings. Pretty amazing stuff for a Burda pattern (which are notoriously confusing to follow), but you'll have to wait and see that another time. Hope you all had an equally great day!

6 comments:

  1. too, too lovely! you make me yearn to move away from home asap and set up house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks hun, I'm quite a nesty one alright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A button collection, a girl after my own heart! PS I adore your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adoooore the brooch! it is cute and real girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cup collection; what a great idea to set them in front of a window! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete